Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back in the Heat (India journals, June 13)

So many memories flooded back last night. After travelling across 2 time zones (Philly to London, London to Delhi) we arrived safely in New Delhi around 11 pm local time. We joked as we waited over an hour for our baggage that they must be taking it off the plane one piece at a time-and taking it to the baggage claim by hand. One of our friends was waiting for us outside (diet cokes in hand!); we loaded up and then drove to where we are staying (yes, I am being intentionally vague). I tried desperately to get my bearings the entire time we were driving, but so much has changed that it was impossible for me to recognize anything. Alot of construction and new buildings have popped up (some of the construction workers were still out working even though it was well past 1 in the morning at this point).

Thanks to our flight schedule our jet lag was minimal. It's incredibly confusing landing in London at 6 in the morning when you left a little after 6 in the evening. Your body is telling you it's night while your mind tells you it is quite obviously morning. If however, you can convince your body that it is in fact morning, it's not too hard to make it till evening and crash. I'm still a bit tired as I don't sleep well in any environment where I'm lacking room and can't lie down (ie. planes :)) The weather has also been playing with my sinuses. Going from 60 degrees to 11o can do that to you. Well, that's all for now, my creativity and energy have both come to a dead stop (and consequently, so have I--*slumps over on computer keyboard*).

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, 110 degrees?! How are your sinuses now?

    ReplyDelete